Imagine this world: No one gets harassed for walking down the street. No one gets teased for “throwing like a girl.” Homes are safe, relationships are healthy. Everyone is free to go where they need to go, to be who they need to be.
We are building that world. Now. In this lifetime. In this generation, and for the next.
So for starters, we built this new website. Now with 100% more action! This is the new digital hub for the national, regional, and global gamechangers who come to us through our U.S.-based center. It’s built on the Breakthrough-tastic foundation so many of you came to know—and now it is seriously spring-loaded for action. Your action. Your action to drive culture change to make violence against women unacceptable. Your action to challenge the norms that hold us all back. Your action to say no to the status quo. Your action to put more good stuff into the world. Your action to join the Breakthrough Generation.
Plus two more! Human rights start with you. Human rights start with reaching people where they are. In order to make human rights issues—such as violence and discrimination against women and girls—real, relevant, and urgent to everyone, you’ve got to reach people where they are. That’s why Breakthrough has expanded our digital platform across geographies, giving ourselves more room to give you what you need to power culture change, wherever you are.
Here are all three new Breakthrough sites:
- www.breakthrough.tv: our global landing page, which leads to:
- in.breakthrough.tv: digital HQ for the local, national, regional, and global work emerging from our India center
- US.breakthrough.tv: digital HQ for the local, national, regional, and global work emerging from our U.S. center
Just one quick thing: Please sign up for our e-mails and action alerts—also all-new—to stay in the loop. (We will never, ever, share or sell your info.)
The U.S.-based site tour starts here! What you’ll find:
- Actions you can take today to stand for dignity, equality, justice (and comedy).
- Our programs that you can join, from campus sexual assault to sexual harassment and more.
- An expanded view of our mission and the vision we all share: a world where all people can reach their full potential.
- What you need to know about culture change, gender-based violence, and more.
- A multimedia gallery full of Breakthrough videos, graphics, and other shareable heart- and mind-changing memes.
- A timeline of our long, proud history of culture change for human rights. (Bonus: a new gallery of annual reports and impact reports)
- FAQ: All your Qs about Breakthrough, A’d.
- A new press center highlighting great ink on key issues.
- A new U.S. staff page—and opportunities for you to join it.
- A small French bulldog named Turtle who wants to be your friend. (Alert us @breakthrough if you find him and we’ll shout you out to all the world.)
Whether you know us already or are just getting to, we’re glad you’re here. Questions or comments? Tweet (and follow) us @breakthrough, find (and LIKE) us on Facebook, or send a good old-fashioned email (email@example.com).
Thanks for visiting. Tell your friends